Picasso Quotes


"Art is a lie that helps us to realize the truth." ~ Pablo Picasso

complete quote: "We all know that Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize the truth, at least the truth that is given to us to understand."

"Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." ~ Pablo Picasso

"There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, thanks to their art and intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun."
~ Pablo Picasso

"It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child."
~ Pablo Picasso

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
~ Pablo Picasso

"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary." ~ Pablo Picasso

"I begin with an idea and then it becomes something else." ~ Pablo Picasso

"It takes a very long time to become young." ~ Pablo Picasso

"What good are computers? They can only give you answers." ~ Pablo Picasso

"There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun."

"Everyone wants to understand painting. Why is there no attempt to understand the song of the birds?"

"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality. "

"When I was a child, my mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier you'll be a general. If you become a monk you'll end up as the pope.' Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso."

"I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them."

"Everything you can imagine is real."

"I do not seek. I find."

No comments:

Search This Blog